We grow most of the shrubs and bedding plants ourselves at our nursery at Achachork, just outside Portree. We also grow some of our herbaceous plants when space is available for them. The remainder of the plants that we stock are supplied to us from specialist nurseries or other sources.
- Most of our Rhododendrons come to us from Osberton Nurseries.
- Our tree supplier is Frank Matthews.
- Our bulbs, onion sets and seed potatoes come from Taylors Bulbs.
- Our water plants are from Anglo Aquatic.
- We stock a wide range of sundries at the garden centre:
- Our bird products supplier is Tom Chambers.
Contact us or pop in and see us to view our great range of plants.
Rabbit Resistant Plants and Pollinator (bees and butterflies) friendly
We are often asked for advice about plants that rabbits will not eat. We have produced a list of plants that in our experience are not eaten by rabbits. We stock most of the plants on the list at the Garden Centre. here to view the list for rabbit resistant plants.
Click here to view the list of plants that are pollinator (bees and butterflies) friendly. The list is a copy of the RHS 'Perfect for Pollinators' plant list available from the RHS website. We have highlighted plants that we regularly stock at the Garden Centre. We can often get other plants listed if required, please just ask our friendly staff. When you visit the Garden Centre, shrubs that are pollinator friendly and/or rabbit resistant are highlighted on the shelf label with a 'bee' or 'rabbit' logo!!